Calling all changemakers, leaders and innovators across the Greater Vancouver! Applications are now open!
In the era of Coronavirus, Global Shapers Vancouver Hub believes coming together is more important than ever and has decided to launch a spring recruitment campaign for local changemakers, leaders, and innovators aged 20-29!
Join our hub to benefit from peer-to-peer support and work on projects around education/employment, climate/environment, and equity/inclusion to help those in need now and for years to come.
Global Shapers is a volunteer initiative launched by the World Economic Forum (WEF) to connect diverse, passionate young people in cities around the world. Each city’s hub self-organizes to address local, regional and global challenges – from responding to disasters and combating poverty, to fighting climate change, building inclusive communities, and more. The Global Shapers Community (GSC) is united by a common drive to build a more dynamic, peaceful and inclusive world.
Our mission as the Vancouver Hub is to empower young people in the Greater Vancouver Region to create a positive, lasting impact in our community through building capacity, enhancing access to opportunities and amplifying voices.
Successfully selected Vancouver Global Shapers are collaborative, thoughtful, and resourceful self-starters with a drive to create change that are:
– Between 20 and 29 years of age as of May 31, 2020
– Primarily living in the Greater Vancouver Region for the next 18 months
– Interested in joining a community in a long-term capacity
– From diverse backgrounds, sectors, and professions
– Committed to supporting the Vancouver Global Shapers mission through community projects
– Committed to providing over 3-5h per week of volunteer work, including a monthly hub meeting and project activities
– Committed to supporting fellow Shapers in their personal and professional development
If you have any questions, please…
(1) Refer to our FAQ guide: https://tinyurl.com/GSyvrFORMfaq,
(2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and / or
(3) Join our Virtual Shapers Meet and Greet on Tuesday, April 21, 2020 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm PST. Sign up via Eventbrite here: https://van-shapers-meetngreet.eventbrite.ca
The application deadline is Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm PST. Only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.